SharpBrains.com published an article on maintaining a healthy brain that will function better. Here are the four keys to improving your brain health:
- Do something you enjoy for even just 15 minutes a day. You can always add more time and activities later.
- Schedule exercise into your daily routine. It will be become a habit faster if you do.
- Do something cardiovascular to get your heart beating faster
- Be curious! Get to know your local library and community college, look for local organizations or churches that offer classes or workshops
- Work puzzles like crosswords and sudoku or play games like chess and bridge
- Try computerized brain fitness programs
- Learn something new every day
- Plan your meals around your vegetables (especially leafy greens), and then add fruit, protein, dairy, and/or grains
- Add some cold-water fish to your diet (tuna, salmon, mackerel, halibut, sardines, and herring)
- Try to eat more foods low on the Glycemic Index
- Get enough sleep each night
- Practice meditation, yoga, or a calming activity to help you relax
- Set aside 5 to 10 minutes to just breathe deeply
Check out the other ways to improve your brain health . . .
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.